Loom Set up
You will use the 2 U-shaped loom pieces assembled into a small rectangle. Insert a total of 6 pegs into the rectangle, one in each of the 4 corners and the remaining 2 pegs in the center holes on the longer sides.
Lay assembled loom rectangle onto a flat surface, with a shorter side facing you. The first 6 rubber bands that will be used will be cut off when finishing the Bracelet, so use a different color from the Bracelet color(s) to make the finishing process easier. Use the colors you want for your Bracelet.
1. Slip a rubber band over the 1st left side peg, twist the rubber band 180 degrees, then slip the other end over the 2nd left side peg. The band will form an X between the 1st and 2nd pegs.
2. Slip a rubber band over the 2nd left side peg, twist it 180 degrees, then slip the other end over the 3rd left side peg.
3. Slip a rubber band over the 3rd left side peg, twist it 180 degrees, then slip the other end over the 3rd right side peg. Continue placing twisted rubber bands in order around all the pegs on loom.
Bands will make a single X between each set of pegs.
Press down on all rubber bands to make room for next rubber bands to be placed above them on pegs.
4. Slip one rubber band around all 6 pegs. Press down on rubber bands.
5. Slip next rubber band around all 6 pegs above previous rubber bands.
Make sure all rubber band loops remain in the order they were placed on pegs and are not overlapping each other.
6. With hook included with loom, and working from the outside of the loom, lift the bottom 2 loops up and over the top 2 loops and off the peg to the inside of the loom. Repeat on each peg around loom. Press down on remaining bands.
7. Slip next rubber band around all 6 pegs on loom.
8. With hook and working from outside of loom, lift lowest loop only, up and over the top 2 loops and off loom to the inside. Repeat on each peg around loom. Press down on remaining bands. Repeat Steps 7 and 8, pulling Bracelet through bottom of loom as you work, until Bracelet reaches desired length.
1. With hook and working around the loom in the same way but without placing any more rubber bands on the loom, lift the bottom loops up, over and off the top loops leaving only one loop on each peg.
2. Lift the loop off the 3rd left side peg and place it onto the 2nd left side peg.
3. Lift the loop off the 1st left side peg and place it onto the 1st right side peg.
4. Lift the loop off the 2nd right side peg and place it onto the 3rd right side peg.
5. Slip a rubber band around the three pegs that still have loops on them.
6. With hook, lift bottom 2 loops from each peg over top loop and off each peg.
7. Lift remaining loop from each of two pegs, placing all three remaining loops on the same peg.
8. Slip those 3 loops into one end of a c-clip connector. Working with beginning end of Bracelet, identify the pairs of loops that are wrapped around your beginning color rubber bands.
9. Using the hook, and disregarding the beginning color bands, slip each pair of loops back onto the pegs of the loom in the same order. Cut and remove beginning rubber bands.
Repeat Steps 1-7, then slip last 3 loops onto opposite end of c-clip connector to finish Bracelet.