These Official Rules apply for the MARTHA STEWART CRAFTS CHALLENGE promotion (''Contest'') conducted by Lion Brand Yarn, 135 Kero Road, Carlstadt, NJ 07072 (''Sponsor'') and promoted at marthaStewart.LionBrand.com (hereinafter, the ''Website''). The Contest will start at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on February 12, 2012 and will end at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time ("EDT") on April 12, 2012 ("Promotion Period"). By entering this Contest, you agree to the Terms in these Official Rules.
1. CONTEST ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE, BOTH (A) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONE (1) OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND (B) AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. CONTEST SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.Employees of Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, and related entities (collectively, the “Related Entities”), and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of any such individual (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win.
2. TWO WAYS TO ENTER:(1) Online Entries: Visit the Website during the Promotion Period and follow the on-screen instructions by submitting the online entry form with complete name and address, daytime and evening telephone numbers, a valid e-mail address, and upload a digital photograph no larger than 2 MB featuring your knit, crochet or woven project along with details about your project. Digital photograph files must be in .jpeg, .gif or .png format. Digital photograph files in .zip format will not be opened or considered. (2) Mailed Entries: Enter via MAIL by downloading and printing the entry form and submit the entry form with complete name and address, daytime and evening telephone numbers, a valid email address and photograph of your project to: Lion Brand Yarn, c/o Martha Stewart Crafts Challenge, 135 Kero Road, Carlstadt, NJ 07072. Submission of Online Entries or Mailed Entries (each an “Entry” and collectively the “Entries”) constitutes your consent to participate in this Contest and your consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver your name, address and other information for the purpose of administering this Contest and for other uses by Sponsor as permitted by applicable law. Entries, upon submission, become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor has the right to dispose of the Entries at Sponsor's discretion. You can enter as often as you wish, however, if duplicate Entries, only the first Entry received showcasing the same photograph will qualify and all subsequent Entries showcasing the same photograph will be disqualified. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM EDT on April 12, 2012. Entries that are deemed by the judges to be immoral, obscene, profane, lewd, not in keeping with Sponsor's image, or in violation of these Official Rules will be disqualified. By submitting your Entry, you warrant and represent that (a) your Entry was created solely by you, (b) the Entry does not incorporate any material owned by any third party, (c) use of the Entry as described herein will not violate any law or infringe upon the rights of any third party, and (d) you have the permission from any and all individuals other than you, who may be shown in the photograph or depicted in any way as you submit your Entry. If, in the opinion of the judges or Sponsor, the Entry violates any law or infringes upon the rights of any third party, is inaccurate, illegible, incomplete, or irregular in any way, or otherwise does not comply with the Official Rules, the Sponsor may disqualify the Entry. Contestants must provide a valid e-mail address. Use of automated devices is not valid for entry. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misaddressed, or otherwise misdirected Entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest (should any computer virus, bugs, or other technical difficulty or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, at which time, the judging of Entries will be conducted as described below in Paragraph 3). By submitting an Entry, you grant Sponsor and its affiliates and subsidiaries the royalty-free right to use, re-use, copy, publish, republish, broadcast, re-broadcast, in whole or in part, edit, modify, rearrange, create derivative works from and otherwise exploit your Entry and any materials based thereon or derived therefrom, in any manner, for any lawful purposes whatsoever, including but not limited to, on the internet and for use in any packaging, advertising and promotional purposes in any medium (whether now or hereafter known) throughout the world, in perpetuity, without further permission, consideration, or payment, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials. This Contest may be cancelled in the event an insufficient number of qualified Entries is received that does not meet the minimum standards established by the judges.
3. JUDGING CRITERIA:This Contest will have two rounds. Winner selection will be conducted by the staff of Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding. On or around April 25, 2012, Sponsors’ staff will choose fifteen (15) finalists from all of the qualified entries. Each submission will be judged using the following criteria: (1) Originality (25%); (2) Use of Color (25%); (3) Technique (25%); and (4) Quality (25%). On or around May 2, 2012, Sponsor will contact all 15 (fifteen) finalists and request that the projects be sent to the Sponsor for final judging. On or around May 16, 2012, the 15 (fifteen) final entries will be judged using the following criteria: (1) Originality (25%); (2) Use of Color (25%); (3) Technique (25%); and (4) Quality (25%). In the event of a tie, the winner will be selected based on the Originality criterion. On or around June 6, 2012, the Grand Prize winner will be selected. Winners will be announced publicly on or around June 20, 2012. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
There are a total of one hundred and one prizes (101). The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes is $1,954.96.
The total ARV of each prize is $24.99.
5. CLAIMING PRIZE/RELEASE:Potential prize winner may be required to execute and return a prize verification form and publicity release (where prohibited by law) to Sponsor within ten (10) business days of notification. If selected potential prize winner fails to comply with the Official Rules and/or to submit any required documentation within the designated period, prize winner will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to the next highest scoring Entry. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or e-mails made to entrants not by the Sponsor. Prize winner will be required to provide his/her U.S. Social Security Number for tax purposes. The Internal Revenue Service requires a Form 1099 MISC to be issued and filed for any prize winner if the annual aggregate value of the prizes received is $600 or more. Sponsor will issue a Form 1099 MISC to the prize winner for the fair market value of his/her prize. Reporting and payment of any applicable federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
6. INTERNET:If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOMPATIBILITY OF ENTRANT'S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY WITH SPONSOR'S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of the prize winner based on an e-mail address, the winning Entry will be declared made by the ''Authorized Account Holder'' of the e-mail address at time of Entry. ''Authorized Account Holder'' is defined as the natural person 18 years of age or older who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential prize winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the e-mail account associated with the Entry.
7. GENERAL:By entering this Contest, each entrant and prize winner: (1) agree to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) agree to release Sponsor and the Related Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Contest, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (3) consent to the use of his/her name, voice, picture, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law, and (4) acknowledge that Sponsor and the Related Entities has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor may discontinue this Contest at any time. Sponsor may terminate any Contest or decide to modify it in any manner that it deems fair and equitable to participants if it becomes aware of any occurrence that would materially affect the Contest's security and fairness. Sponsor may prohibit individuals from participating in Contest and disqualify Entries if they (1) attempt to enter the Contest through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, (2) attempt to disrupt the Contest or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules in any way or (3) repeatedly show a disregard for the Contest Official Rules or act (a) in an unsportsmanlike manner, or (b) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor. Sponsor's decisions with respect to the Contest are final.
8. LIABILITY AND RELEASE:By participating in this Contest, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and the Related Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize hereunder, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (f) injury or death to a person(s) or damage to property which may result, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or entrants receipt, acceptance, use &/or enjoyment of any prize. In no event shall the Sponsor be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor reserves the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Contest materials. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Contest, the administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize winner, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Contest, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor's control (each a "Force Majeure" event) the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor in its discretion, elects to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Contest as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prize from among all valid and eligible Entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
10. NAME OF WINNER/OFFICIAL RULES:For the official list of prize winners available after August 12, 2012, visit marthastewart.lionbrand.com.
11. HAVE A QUESTION?For questions or comments email: firstname.lastname@example.org.